A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between IBTE and Industry Partners held at The Lecture Theater of School of Aviation, IBTE Sultan Saiful Rijal Campus on the 21st May 2022.
The objective of the MOU signing was to formalize the collaboration between IBTE and 7 industry partners for the running of the recently endorsed Level II Apprenticeship Programme – Deck Rating & Engine Rating. As well as MOU signing for the renewal of expired MOUs under the Dual System Apprenticeship Programme – Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning. In total 18 industry partners participated in the signing of the MOUs.
Signing on behalf of IBTE were Dr Haji Mohd Zamri Haji Sabli, Director / Chief Executive Officer of IBTE, and Dr Suhaimi Haji Abdul Wahab, Acting Principal IBTE Satellite Campus. Witnessing the signing was the Guest of Honor, Yang Mulia, Awang Haji Muhammad Nazri bin Haji Muhammad Yusuf, Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Transport and Inforcommunications. Signing on behalf of the companies were representatives from each company.
Dr Haji Mohd Zamri said, “IBTE is a post-secondary institution in TVET (technical and vocational education and training) which has played a vital role in human capital development in the country.
“In addition to providing quality educational opportunities, IBTE is also committed to producing knowledgeable, skilled, innovative as well as highly cognitive graduates who can apply their skills in the real world of work.”
He added, “This is in line with the strategic plan of IBTE 2019-2024, which places the marketability of graduates as a critical agenda in achieving the established target of at least 75 per cent of graduates obtaining suitable employment with their qualification within six months after graduation.”
In realising the agenda of graduates’ marketability, he said IBTE must cooperate with industries to implement programmes that can raise the employability of its graduates.
The apprenticeship programmes also aim to realise the Brunei Vision 2035 of producing highly skilled workforce.
An apprenticeship is a program that trains a trainer to become skilled in a particular skill / trade. Apprenticeships combine hands-on work with classroom learning to train the apprentices. Apprenticeships are seen to be an essential way in improving vocational routes from school to work, which combines on-the-job learning and school-based training as an alternative option to full-time vocational schooling.
Objective of Apprenticeships are:
- To support the Brunei Wawasan 2035 of highly skilled people.
- To improve employers’ satisfaction through highly skilled, job ready apprentices.
- To increase the apprentices’ marketability and prospect of employment or to equip them to be an entrepreneur.
- To provide cost effective relevant quality training for apprentices through learning from industry experts and utilization of facilities in industry.
- To provide an individual authentic learning environment through competency-based training for the transition process and the world of work
- To strengthen industries Corporate Social Responsibility and investment for Brunei human resource development.