The ‘TVET Academy’ was established by Institute of Brunei Technical Education (IBTE) in June 2019. The main aims of the academy are to:
- Provide and facilitate training on instructional content and delivery for all instructors;
- Provide mentoring support for instructors, both during the programme and after graduation from the programme, for a period of up to one year;
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development courses for both teaching and non-teaching instructors;
- Conduct and coordinate academic research and development; and
- Offer sustained and integrated teaching support services to instructors.
The main role of imparting new forms of knowledge and skills on instructional content and delivery to its teaching instructors will be achieved through the introduction of three technical teacher training programmes with the aim of producing excellence in achieving pedagogic, personal, social and technical development.